Freedom = Resistance


While in Bikram Yoga class this week, I felt as though I was hitting a wall with my practice, in fact, I felt as if I was digressing. I was becoming frustrated, thinking I was having some spiritual blockage or resistance. Then teacher said in a zenful voice "... the price of freedom is resistance."

It was like she threw a monkey wrench into this giant machine full of cogs, wheels, belts & pulleys in my head; all my spinning came to a crashing halt. Her words resonated as if in a empty hallway... echoing. "The price of freedom is resistance."

Freedom is that mental & physical place we all desire to be in. How do we know if we are there, have it or lost it? With out the turmoil or resistance we become complacent & take for grantit what freedom we have or could loose. So as life starts to throw things against you, sometimes with no reason, persevere... freedom is on the other side.

  1. Comment by Some Style... on May 21, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

    would love to try yoga once and pilates as well!

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

  2. Comment by dining set on July 26, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

    I always wanted to try yoga but I don't have enough time for it because I am too busy in my job. The picture that you show in the post is so relaxing. I can hear the water that flows in those rocks. It is so relaxing.