Chanel Pre-Fall 2010


Chanel Métiers d'Art Pre-Fall 2010

This Paris-Shanghai RTW collection as a whole seems very exotic. Models strutted on a 280-foot-long barge in matte ebony and projecting an imagined voyage of Coco Chanel’s trip to China, titled “Paris Shanghai, A Fantasy." “It is about the idea of China, not the reality,” Lagerfeld told WWD.
There are pieces I find so inspiring. I enjoy seeing how Chanel’s signature "tweed ground" metamorphoses in each collection. Again military influences are quite evident, including the Terracotta Army & opulent Imperial Court. I love the neck & waistline embellishments. The shoulder cap adornment only seems appropriate to me at... Buckingham Place for instance. I am wondering if the knee/thigh high boots are in a satin material or patent leather? I hope satin.

So, you will see these silhouettes re-animate throughout the upcoming fall season, don’t be afraid, explore your creative ideas… incorporate "like" styles into your existing wardrobe reality.

Images & Links Harvested by Thanh Hoang