"The Girl has a Tougher Edge... Experimenting & Abstracting"


Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week-NY Nicole Miller Spring|Summer 2010

Her statement reads "The Girl has a tougher edge. Pushing forward body consciousness, reinventing fabric manipulation; a modern take on prints. Experimenting with new technology & abstracting traditional craft."

Color palate: "digital riptide", "ocean current", gunmetal, ivory, gray, opalescent & moss. As always...black & white.

So this is how I go in to a show... I am looking at the pageantry of course, but more importantly the practicality. I felt that Nicole Miller was pushing the limits... as she stated ...she delivered. However if it is going to make you feel more conscientious or create more work for me in a photo shoot then I guess I would have to say "Thank you..no." It is so important for one as a woman to feel exceptional when all dressed up, not feel like you have to have "Crisco & fishing line" to keep you in it.

The Color & "digital riptide" or "ocean current" blocking, I am not a fan of. I did not like it in the BCBGMAXAZRIA line either as noted.

However, I loved individual pieces such as the "Tidal Pleat" biker jacket, "Sequin Scuba" stretch pant or skirt" & off white distressed leather jacket. The preceding could be mixed in with your previous spring fashions. I loved the moss gray cotton-metal stretch biker jumpsuit, but it would be for limited events.

Over all, she delivered "edge." I was honored to experience the Nicole Miller "experimentation."