Challenge to Balance your LifeStyle


In a previous post, we discussed "Challenging our LifeStyle" doing something other than "living to work." A comment was made "While adding to my schedule is the last thing I want to do, it could also be the best thing for me and those around me." There in lies the "rub"... the challenge to balance our LifeStyle.

It had come to my attention while I was becoming more active, (aside from my 40 hour a week job) working more photo shoots, immersing myself in a extremely large home interior project, getting on my fitness and practicing Bikram Yoga 2 to 3 time a week, I was leaving less time to relax, and more importantly, less time to relax with my partner.

All of our situations are very different; my partner travels most of the week so I generally have lots of time to fill. When I am lucky enough to enjoy his company, I am torn between my new routines, and spending precious moments. This is the trick of the balance, giving your self the tolerance to relax your schedules.

Consider it lucky to have time to yourself to do what you enjoy. Consider it a true blessing to find the balance to share your precious time with family & friends.

  1. Comment by Anonymous on April 16, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

    It is a gift to be able to share yourself with a partner who supports your endeavours but has a life of his own. I hope to share your challenge some day (soon)!
    - Kelli

  2. Comment by betty-ann heggie on April 29, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

    When I went to college I had a poster on my wall that said, "Let there be spaces in your togetherness" and I've always taken it as good advice. Although
    I wouldn't be able to stay away from you!! Keep Stepping Higher, BA

  3. Comment by Anonymous on April 30, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

    Oooh, I like that...spaces in my togetherness...
    Kelli